This is a very delious dessert that all will love. I have gotten this one from weight watchers but tweeked it a lil to be even more delious than the original recipe. This is what you will need, really simple and easy to make.
24 graham crackers (2 1/2 inch squares) made into crumbs
1/2 cup reduced calorie tub margarin melted (I skip this part to make it a lil more healthier. I just make the crumbs and put it into a glass pan.)
1 envelope (four 1/2 cup servings) reduced calorie instant vanilla pudding mix (I usually get the big box that serves 6 or 8. I love vanilla pudding)
3/4 cup light cream cheese (This is one 8oz block)
2/3 cup instant non-fat dry milk powder (This only comes in a big box which I know I will probably never use again. So I use 2/3 skim milk that we already have in the house.)
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups canned crushed pinapple
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 envelope (four 1/2 cup servings) reduced calorie strawberry flavored gelatin mix (I don't overdue the gelatin like the pudding make sure you stick to the small box.)
1 medium banana sliced ( I sometimes put two or enough to cover the pan.)
2 cups strawberry sliced ( I put the sliced over the top until there almost overlapping each other, so you may need more if you love strawberries like I do.)
1 1/2 cup reduced calorie whipped topping ( I just use a small tub to cover the top and decorate with strawberries.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degress.
2. In 13 x 9 in baking pan, combine graham crackers crumbs and margarine, press into bottom and upside of pan. Bake 10 minutes; set aside. (I you don't use the margarine I still put the crumbs in to get toasted a little.)
3. In medium bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat pudding mix, cream cheese, milk, sugar, vanilla, and 1 1/2 cup water until blended; pour over crust.
4. In medium saucepan, combine pinapple with juices and cornstarch; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened about 2 minutes. Stir in gelatin mix and banana; remove from heat and cool slightly. Spread evenly over cream cheese layer.
5. Arrange berries attractively over top. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe whipped toping on cake. (I don't do the fancy stuff, I just spread the whip topping over the whole cake after refrigerating for 1 hour.)
That's it. It may seem like alot but it is really easy to make. Although if you make it my way I don't know how much weight watchers it really is but it sure does taste good. :)
Till next time, Happy Cookin!!
*Scripture of the week
2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.